NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Rootworks Tax Season Halftime Sweepstakes is a trade promotion (“Sweepstakes”) which begins on or about March 1, 2022 at 12:01am ET and ends on March 17, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This trade promotion is offered and open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (“U.S.”) who are 18 years of age or older and who are full-time, permanent (i.e. not temporary) employees, principals and/or owners of a public accounting firm registered in the U.S. with the state in which the firm conducts business (“Entrant”). The Sponsor, Bill.com, Rewind, Dext, CPA Charge, and Right Networks and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (responsible for the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes) and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively the “Promotion Entities”) are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses.
3. PRIZES: The following prizes will be available to be awarded assuming sufficient eligible entries are received, and subject to verification and compliance:
Grand Prize (2)(prizes awarded to eligible winning business entities (“Firm”) only): one (1) pre-paid VISA® debit card in the amount of $5,000 USD for use in providing work environment improvements, amenities and/or programs to enhance the heath, well-being and/or engagement of Firm’s professional staff during tax season. The final decision on disposal of the prize awarded will rest with the Firm principal(s)/owner(s).
First Prize (5)(awarded to eligible Firm only): one (1) pre-paid VISA® debit card in the amount of $500 USD for use in providing work environment improvements, amenities and/or programs to enhance the health, well-being and/or engagement of professional staff during tax season. The final decision on disposal of the prize awarded will rest with the Firm’s principal(s)/owner(s).
Second Prize (25)(awarded to eligible Firm’s employees): one (1) pre-paid VISA® debit card in the amount of $100 USD.
Potential winners will be selected by random drawing held by Sponsor from all eligible entries received. Subject to prior confirmation of eligibility and compliance, winners will be announced during a webcast of the Rootworks Tax Season Halftime Show on Friday, March 18, between approx. 2:00pm and 3:00pm ET. All prizes will be awarded; winners need not watch the webcast to win. Limit one (1) Grand prize OR First Prize per Firm, regardless of entries received and/or number of offices/branches. Individual eligible entrants may be eligible to win a Second Prize even if their employer Firm wins a Grand Prize or First Prize; however, limit one (1) Second Prize per person/per household. Gift cards and/or gift certificates are for promotional purposes only and are subject to the terms and conditions of issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the winners’ discretionary use of prize funds or any effects such discretionary use has on the health, safety or well-being of its employees or workplace environment. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply to use of debit card prize. VISA is not a sponsor of, nor otherwise affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prize items. Prizes will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the U.S.. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, reporting obligations and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winners, if applicable. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period by registering to attend the virtual Rootworks Tax Season Halftime Show (“event”) at https://rootworks.com/rootworks-tax-season-halftime-show (the “Website”), completing a registration and entry form and agreeing to these Official Rules (“Entry”). Registration for the event is free; attendance at the event is not required for prize award.
Limit one Entry per individual (on behalf of their Firm) and one Entry per individual on behalf of themselves if an employee of a Firm. Entries/Entrants suspected of using or benefitting from artifice, automated or robotic Entries will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth herein. All Entries must be submitted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s server’s clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION/ODDS OF WINNING: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Winners will be announced during a webcast of the Rootworks Tax Season Halftime Show on Friday, March 18, 2022. Prize Validation of winners will be conducted by the Sponsor or its designated representatives prior to the event, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified (by telephone or email in Sponsor’s sole discretion) on or about two (2) business days of the close of the Promotion Period using contact information collected on the Official Entry Form. Winner notifications not (timely) responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. Prize Winners may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & RELEASE: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration, or failure to collect Entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes or any element thereof; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes; or (g) any force majeure event.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such an event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair by Sponsor (in its sole discretion). Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, AND ANY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL USED TO FACILITATE THE SWEEPSTAKES (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ALLEGED AND/OR ACTUAL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER EXISTING NOW OR ARISING IN THE FUTURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DISABILITY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, COURT COSTS, SETTLEMENT AND DISBURSEMENTS) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART OUT OF THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES, ACCESS TO ANY WEBSITES, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION (OR ANY INABILITY OR FAILURE TO PARTICIPATE), OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants covenant not to sue any Released Party or cause them to be sued regarding any matter released above; and further covenant not to disaffirm, limit or rescind this release. A waiver by one or more of the Promotion Entities of any term in these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of any other provision. Any invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be deemed severed from these Official Rules only to the extent of its invalidity, illegality or unenforceability, and these Official Rules shall be construed and enforced as if they did not contain the stricken provision.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR OTHER PROMOTION ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES AND/OR ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF.
9. SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER: The Sweepstakes may be promoted on a variety of social media networks. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to any social media channel.
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Rootworks Tax Season Halftime Show Sweepstakes Winner List Request, 1508 S. Walnut St., Bloomington, IN 47401. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than one calendar week after the Promotion Period has ended.
11. SPONSOR: Firmworks, LLC dba Rootworks
Please complete the following:
Rootworks members can now use an early access version of Insights, which delivers customer segmentation and pricing data as well as reports for your firm and clients. Connection to QuickBooks Online is required for firms and/or clients.